Changed By Mexico...

Thursday, October 18, 2007


It's going on two months since our trip to Ensenada... In some ways, it seems like forever ago, and in other ways, it seems like yesterday.

Every now and then, I find my self reminiscing about our trip... Chalupas... New friendships... Singing songs by the camp fire... The impromptu dance party... Dilon and the tarantula...

But more than anything else during our time there, I can't stop thinking about the people we met: Rogelio, the pastor who had been beaten and imprisoned because he would not stop telling people about Jesus; Jorge, the little boy with the big smile and a lot of energy; The woman who walked several miles with her little kids in tow so that we could pray for her headaches; Valintine and his passion for reaching Mexico for Christ by training pastors.

It's hard to put into words, but Jesus did something in me when we were there. The only way I can sum it up is that I just want to serve Him more. With everything.

A couple of weeks ago, Heather and I discovered a new Sara Groves songs on her MySpace page. (She has a new album coming out in November.) It's called "I Saw What I Saw" and is a reflection on Sara's trip to Rawanda a few years ago, and specifically, how the faith of the people she met changed her... I couldn't help but think of our trip to Mexico.

Click Here to check out the video. If your computer is slow, wait for it to load. This is really worth watching... And as you do, reflect on the people who's faith has changed you.

Steve





posted by Steve Scott
2:18 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Wow, thats a really touching song. Going to Mexico really put me out of my comfort zone and changed my view of things. It really made me want to change the way things happen.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home